- Start talking to your child about their hopes and dreams for the future when they are young, stressing the important role that graduating high school plays in making those dreams happen. As they grow older, talk about the credit requirements for a high school diploma and their post graduation plans.
- Make sure your child is ready for kindergarten. Call the Early Learning Family Center at 268-6400.
- Help students explore career and college options and collect as much information as possible.
- Ask them about their homework and talk to their teachers.
- Volunteer in their classroom or school.
- Start or join a parent-teacher organization (e.g. PTA).
- Attend their school events and get to know their teachers, coaches, mentors and friends.
- Volunteer at your local after-school program or youth organization.
To join the Graduation Matters parents' group and volunteer your time to this effort email Lacey Spencer.