Position Title: Development Associate / Data Analytics Specialist
Employment Status: FT
Reports to: Resource Development Director
Purpose of Position: Works closely with staff, volunteers and community partners to manage and grow the United Way annual campaign. Extensive data entry and data analytic activities throughout the year. Position is an integral part of United Way’s commitment to excellent customer service by facilitating communication and relationship building with donors, volunteers and organization stakeholders.
Duties and responsibilities:
Financial Resource Development: assist in securing financial support to advance the community impact agenda and mission of organization.
Annual Campaign: work directly with Resource Development Director to coordinate, develop and implement an annual campaign plan. Assists in recruitment, motivation, training and support of campaign volunteers. This area will include the following in support of the campaigns:
- Work with Marketing Director on development of campaign marketing strategies, including materials and media relations.
- Assist in relationship and team building with campaign volunteers and business contacts in collaboration with staff and volunteers.
- Assist in event planning.
- Assist in coordination and facilitation of campaign training programs for Loaned Executives, volunteers and internal company coordinators.
- Work to ensure timely and accurate campaign data input and reporting.
- Ensure timely and effective donor acknowledgement.
- Assist in developing and implementing strategies to secure grants to support the community impact work of the organization.
Data Entry / Data Analytics
- Responsible for campaign data input in proprietary database.
- Work with Resource Development Director and Marketing Director on data analytics plan from current database.
- Bookkeeping: helps ensure high-quality customer service, accountability and effective administrative functions.
- Accounts payables/receivables.
- Preparation of financial statements/general journal entries.
- Payroll/benefits functions.
- Disbursements of allocations and designations.
- Coordinate internal aspects of the annual audit.
Customer Service/Administrative duties
- Receive phone calls and communicate professionally and promptly with staff and volunteers.
- Assist staff/volunteers with clerical duties of word processing, copying, filing and preparation of mailings.
- Assist staff/volunteers with planning/coordination of meetings.
- Maintain organization/cleanliness of administrative work areas.
- Works with staff and volunteers to ensure accurate campaign data input and effective reporting.
Volunteer Resource Development: secure and coordinate volunteer resources to advance the mission of the organization.
- Assist in recruitment of United Way Volunteers.
- Develop and facilitate relationship and team building activities with volunteers
Other Duties as assigned by Resource Development Director.
- Outgoing personality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong public speaking skills
- Computer literate – working knowledge of standard office software and ability to learn and manage custom accounting and campaign software
- Data Entry
- Ability to prioritize and complete work plans, goals, and objectives – on time
- Ability to work independently
- Team player
- Ability to take direction
- Valid drivers license and automobiles insurance
The Development Associate demonstrates a commitment to professional growth and quality personal performance while also demonstrating the ability to function effectively as a member of a team of staff and volunteers.